Virtual Training Consultations
How do Virtual Consultations Work?
We’ll use Zoom to have a face-to-face video meeting. Zoom is free to use, and you don’t need to sign up for an account. All you have to do is click on the link I send via email to join our meeting! Depending on whether you use a computer, tablet, or phone, you may need to download the app.
What Happens During a Virtual Session?
In many ways, a virtual session is similar to an in-person session. Here is a typical outline:
- Check-in: Updates on progress and obstacles since our last session.
- Consultation: Discuss training goals and methods in detail and troubleshoot obstacles, including explaining new concepts and exercises. As always, you’ll be able to ask questions.
- If desired, you can work with your dog and I can give feedback on your mechanics.
How Should I Prepare for a Virtual Session?
Here are some helpful tips to make the most of our sessions together:
- Set up and test out Zoom before the meeting (see Using Zoom below)
- Send any updates or video before the meeting, click Training Update Form
- Write out a list of questions or concerns ahead of time
- If you want to work with your dog live during the session, set up a place for your laptop or prop up your phone/tablet
What Happens After a Virtual Session?
After the session, I will send you a written recap with detailed instructions, along with any relevant handouts and/or video to help you with your training.
What If I Have Questions After the Session?
As usual, please send questions via email. If you would like to send video, please use the Training Update Form to submit it. (Do not attach video to emails.)
How Does Video Review Work?
If you’d like to get feedback on training mechanics, I can review submitted videos, giving feedback on what you’re doing right and what you can improve. Please limit your video to 2 minutes.
It’s a great idea to test out Zoom before our session. Use this Test Zoom link to test out your video and audio to make sure you can see and hear the meeting. You can read more about joining a Zoom meeting on your exact device by clicking here: How To Join a Zoom Meeting.
Through the Colorado stay-at-home order, all virtual sessions are discounted:
- 60-75 minute initial consultation $160 (normally $165)
- 60-minute follow-up consultation $140 (normally $140)
- 30-minute follow-up mini consultation $70 (normally $75)
Need a Little Comic Relief?
Check out these reasons to book a Virtual Training Consultation!